I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. I’ll notify you of any significant changes but you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
When I, as Ginger and Fraggle, collect and process your personal data I am doing so on my own behalf, and not on behalf of any third parties. This means that Ginger and Fraggle is termed a data controller under the terms of data protection legislation. I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO) to this effect.
The legal bases
The law on data protection sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data including:
• Consent – for example, where you have ticked a box to receive emails
• Contractual obligations – for example, where I need your data to fulfil my contract with you
• Legal compliance – for example, where the law requires me to
• Legitimate interest – where I require your data to pursue my legitimate interests as Ginger and Fraggle in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running the business and which does not impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
What information Ginger and Fraggle collects
I may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Purpose of personal data processing
• Creating an online account: the purpose of processing this information is to set up your online account details and communicate any updates to your account. The lawful basis for this is: legitimate interest – contract.
• Signing up for marketing communications as part of online account creation: the purpose of processing this information is to communicate product updates, news, competitions and promotions by email and postal direct mail. The lawful basis for this is: legitimate interest – commercial.
• Signing up for email newsletters online not as part of account creation: the purpose of processing this information is to communicate product updates, news, competitions and promotions by email. The lawful basis for this is: consent – gained through opt-in at point of sign up.
• Completing and order form on the website: the purpose of processing this information is to deal with an order and provide information about your products by email. The lawful basis for this: legitimate interest – contract.
Information Ginger and Fraggle collects and why
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
How I use your name and contact details:
• Deliver your purchase to you. Why? To carry out my contract with you.
• Send you service messages (for example, order updates). Why? To carry out my contract with you so you know when your order will arrive.
• Send you information by email or direct mail about Ginger and Fraggle’s promotions, products or services. Why? To keep you up-to-date. You can opt out at any time – just email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fraud prevention. Why? This is necessary and protects both of us.
• Understanding what our customers like. Why? So I can give you what you want and improve my products and services.
How I use your payment information:
• Take payment and give refunds. Why? To carry out my contract with you. All information is anonymised and not kept.
• Fraud prevention and detection. Why? This is necessary and protects both of us.
How I use your contact history:
• Provide customer service support. Why? To carry out my contract with you and to give you the best service I can.
How I use your purchase history:
• Sell you things. Why? Legitimate interest – commercial.
• Provide customer service support and process returns. Why? To carry out my contract with you.
• Understanding what my customers like. Why? So I can give you what you want and improve our products and services.
• For product or experience feedback or research. Why? From time to time I may ask you to review your product or experience to help me improve.
Your responses to competitions, promotions, surveys and reminders
How I use this information:
• Running the survey, competition or promotion. Why? To carry out my contract with you – so I can enter you and pick a winner.
• Understanding what my customers like. Why? If I’ve asked you what you want to hear about, I’ll use this to give you what you want.
This information is anonymised and aggregated so I do not identify you but it’s used for improving my website, data analysis, research and improving my products and services.
Sharing personal data
I do not sell, swap or share any personal information to any third parties.
I use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver my enewsletters. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help me monitor and improve my enewsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
If you have said I can, I’ll send you marketing messages by email or direct mail. Sometimes, I may use purchase history or saved items to increase my knowledge of what my customers like, so that I can make sure I’m talking to you about things you’re interested in.
You can stop receiving marketing messages by clicking the unsubscribe link in any enewsletter I sent you or emailing email@example.com. I’ll update your information as soon as possible but it may take a few days to update my systems.
Keeping your information
I’ll hold on to your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as is required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce my terms and conditions.
At the end of that retention period your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised – for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and planning.
Your rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to know whether I am processing your personal data, and to access the personal information I hold about you, free of charge.
• The right to correct personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. This can be done by emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org
• The right that I delete your data, stop collecting or processing it, in some circumstances. This can be done by emailing me on email@example.com. At this point, I will look at your request and inform you of our decision within 28 days.
• The right to stop direct marketing messages (through specific or all channels). This can be done by emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional email sent from Ginger and Fraggle (this option will only stop you from receiving promotional emails from Ginger and Fraggle). I aim to stop sending you any marketing messages (through specific or all channels) within 28 days of your request.
• The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing. This can be done by emailing me on email@example.com
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
How to contact me
This policy is regularly reviewed and any major changes will be communicated directly to our customers.
Last updated 24 May 2018